St. Charles Coldwater - CCW
Council of Catholic Women
Updated: May 11th, 2020
COUNCIL OF CATHOLIC WOMEN OF ST. CHARLES BORROMEO CHURCH
Presidents: Rosemary Hagemyer and Linda Swantek
Vice-president: Carolyn Morrison & Flo Colley
Secretary: Ann Vrablic
Treasurers: Diane Betts and Carol Edwards
Past-president Marian Smith
ST. CHARLES BORROMEO
COUNCIL OF CATHOLIC WOMEN
150 YEAR ANNIVERSARY
On the first Sunday of May 1869, the Altar and Rosary Society at St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church was established. Celebrating this 150th year Anniversary milestone, the Council of Catholic Women (renamed in the 1990’s) received from Pope Frances an Apostolic Blessing. Father Mark Vyverman presented the divine favor to Co-Presidents Marian Smith and Linda Swantek.
From the beginning Catholic women have been an indispensable part of the Church. In the beginning, they paid entirely for a new altar ($92.00). They continue to care for the altars, the Church gardens, the School and Church needs. In addition, they help the Branch Area Food Pantry, Blood Drives, Walk for Warmth, Right to Life, Beginnings Care, Tommy’s House, Coats for Kids, Coalition Against Domestic Violence and make blankets for babies to name a few.
For 150 years women of St. Charles Borromeo Church have helped inside and outside of the Church. They continue in Faith.